INTERMEDIATE/SENIOR FIELD TECHNICIAN/TECHNOLOGIST
Houle Chevrier Engineering Ltd. is seeking applicants for the position of intermediate/senior field technician/technologist for our office in Petawawa, Ontario. Effective written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to work independently within a multi-disciplinary team are considered essential assets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide field testing and inspection services for various projects including: subgrade inspections, compaction testing and concrete sampling and testing;
- Conduct field surveying using a total station and global positioning system (GPS) equipment;
- Compile and tabulate technical data for use in technical reports;
- Conduct geotechnical laboratory testing on soil, asphalt, concrete, and aggregates;
- Participate in the general daily routine of laboratory practices;
- Conduct equipment calibration and maintenance.
Successful candidates will have the following qualities/credentials:
- A geotechnical/civil technology or technician diploma;
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of applicable experience;
- Must be a “team player” capable of working both independently or as part of a larger team to complete assigned tasks;
- Strong time management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English;
- Willingness to travel throughout Eastern Ontario and work in variable climatic conditions often for extended hours;
- Possess ability to periodically lift heavy objects and navigate uneven terrain.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products (Word, Excel);
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is required;
- Prior training in WHMIS, First Aid/CPR, and/or fall arrest are considered assets.
Houle Chevrier Engineering Ltd. offers a family friendly work environment and a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in developing your career at a 100% employee owned firm that emphasizes and recognizes employee participation and contributions, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Although we are grateful to all applicants for their interest, we regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted