Houle Chevrier Engineering Ltd. was retained by CH2M Hill Canada Limited, acting on behalf of Utilities Kingston, to undertake a detailed geotechnical investigation for the 1050 millimetre diameter sewer forcemain from the River Street Pump Station to the intersection of Baseline Road, which included tunneling through bedrock, and the James Street trunk water main extension.
Project components included:
- Boreholes with bedrock coring along the proposed service alignments
- Installation of standpipe piezometers to determine groundwater levels and hydraulic conductivity of the bedrock
- Geotechnical report with design recommendations
- Geotechnical engineering support during construction
- Materials testing and inspection during construction