Houle Chevrier Engineering Ltd. was retained by Doran Contractors Limited to install a groundwater and ground movement monitoring system during construction of the Orleans Cumberland Collector Pumping Station, diversion chamber, and gravity sewer at the Robert O. Pickard Environmental Centre (ROPEC) in Ottawa, Ontario.
Project components included:
- Installation and monitoring of horizontal movement inclinometers located adjacent to the 22 metre deep shaft for the pumping station wet well
- Installation and monitoring of deep multi-level standpipe piezometers onsite and within the adjacent residential subdivision
- Installation of deep seated survey control points within the adjacent residential subdivision
- Installation of deep settlement points above the crown of a 1350 millimetre diameter gravity sewer, which was installed by tunnelling
- Geotechnical engineering support during construction